Martin DiViaio on Fri, 2 May 2003 08:43:10 -0400

Re: [PLUG] pop3 server?

I once managed to convince an UW-IMAP server to dump the system password
file. I used no special tricks, just standard IMAP commands. While this
wasn't the shadow password file, it was still a complete list of users on
the box.

Admittedly, this can be easily corrected by hacking the source code to
force a user into their mailstore but to me, it's a problem at the
protocol level that even allows this. (Also, such a hack violates the IMAP
specification.)

--
GPG Fingerprint: C900 18EF 0C36 4EAF A93C  F073 85D4 8B3C F3D8 077B