Jason Costomiris on Sat, 3 May 2003 08:57:20 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Multiple Channels?

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 11:28 PM, Paul wrote:

My MAC address appears multiple times on different channels.  It's
definately me.  I have seen a couple other router in the area.  They
only appear under thier respective channels; one each.

I have WEP off right now because I'm experimenting with things.  It's
not my connection to share, but if it were, I might share it openly.

If you want to openly share, use another access point, and stick it behind a firewall.

Build a firewall with 3 interfaces, inside, outside, and the public wireless. Setup your firewall rules such that public wireless users can only get to the Internet, not to your private network.

-- Jason Costomiris <>< E: jcostom {at} jasons {dot} org / W: http://www.jasons.org/ I've got a theory.. it could be bunnies!