Paul on Fri, 2 May 2003 23:30:14 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Multiple Channels?

My MAC address appears multiple times on different channels.  It's
definately me.  I have seen a couple other router in the area.  They
only appear under thier respective channels; one each.

I have WEP off right now because I'm experimenting with things.  It's
not my connection to share, but if it were, I might share it openly.

> Sounds like you may have some neighbors using wireless.
>
> DEFINITELY turn on WEP.  Preferably 128-bit.  You wouldn't want anyone
> accessing your machines.
>
> I've been using Network Stumbler in my car with the GPS feature.
There are