Eugene Smiley on Mon, 5 May 2003 08:30:20 -0400

RE: [PLUG] RIAA Begs For War.

Paul wrote:
> Eugene Smiley wrote:
>
>> If you buy a CD through BMG or Columbia and wait for the 1.99
>> special each year, you end up paying $4.48 per CD with shipping
>> ($2.49 per CD). So for the same 16 songs, you pay 28 cents per
>> song. Hmmmm... Pay 99 cents and I don't get a backup of the media
>> to replace a lost track, or pay 28 cents and get media. Apple's
>> distribution channel shouldn't cost them 70+ cents more than
>> BMG/Columbia.
>
> Hmm.  Don't you still have to buy the one or two CD's at full
> (high) price to satisfy the membership agreement?  Take the sale
> prices and the required purchases, add them together and average
> them, and you end up with a reasonable store price.  Might as
> well go to a real store where you might find what you want on
> sale.

You have a point, but it's been so long since I've had to worry
about that issue that it's a non-issue over here. It averages
out over 6 years and 500 CD's.

>> This is where is starts to get subjective. What is a good track?
>
> The good tracks are the tracks that you like.  So simple it's
> complicated.  8^)

Sorry, the answer we were looking for is, "We have different tastes
in music." ;)