gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 7 May 2003 11:20:14 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Which distro...

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 10:10:35AM -0500, W. Chris Shank wrote:
> Which distro(s) favor KDE as the default desktop?
> Which distro(s) favor GNOME as the default desktop?

To my knowledge, none, but I'm not very familiar with SuSE and such.

(Red Hat certainly doesn't favor either, merging them together.
Debian lets you install either as a package, and I've heard people
scream about brokenness on both. Screaming that often points to
having misunderstood how Debian packages work.)

> Which distro/desktop is best for a regular office worker who needs to read
> email, create & print documents and spreadsheets, and surf the web on her
> lunch break?

Mac OS X.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter