gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 7 May 2003 11:42:39 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Which distro...

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 11:24:57AM -0400, MITCHELL MALTENPORT wrote:
> The make-or-break would be which document types does she need
> compatibility with?  Gnumeric seems to claim better import/export than
> KSpread, but I haven't used either. (To state tbe obvious, Gnumeric is
> GNOME, KSpread is KDE).  Abiword is an excellent word processor, and I
> know it has a GNOME interface as well as a GTK one.

But OpenOffice.org should work under either and seamlessly deals
with every MS file I've had to deal with at work.

I've heard it breaks down on complicated PowerPoint. But I've never
seen it happen.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net