Jeff Abrahamson on Thu, 8 May 2003 09:01:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] fetchmail+exim+pine

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 07:41:48AM -0400, Naresh wrote:
>   [15 lines, 86 words, 707 characters]  Top characters: _eintlso
>
> Hi:
>
> I have been using fetchmail (pop3,  myrealbox), exim and pine to view my
> e-mails. Recently when I do fetchmail, everything is fetched correct BUT I
> am thinking exim is taking a very long time to deliver it to my local
> mailbox (/home/foo/mail). So, every few hours, when pine is loaded a new
> mail comes, which was supposed to be there instantly. Anyone else
> experience this? Is there a fix?

I've seen this when dns is slow. Exim gets the mail, decides to
confirm that the to and from domains are legit, and then refuses to
deliver until it can resolve the names. At least, I'm pretty sure
that's what was going on, I don't remember the exact details from when
I traced this on my box.

--
 Jeff