Brian Epstein on Mon, 12 May 2003 20:22:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] security training and certification...

> The most notable, ISC^2 and GIAC, both require 4 years of professional
> security related work experience as a prerequisite. I do do not possess

I am also looking at the CISSP.  You are in luck with the BS, though.
The requirement knocks down to 3 years of professional security work
with a college degree.

Still don't know if you have enough experience, but in my book, time is
not the answer to everything.  I don't know how much checking goes into
the 3 years experience.  But, from the reference guide that they pooled
the questions from, this looks like an extensive test.

Anyone out there with a CISSP have any suggestions?

ep

--
Brian Epstein <ep@epiary.org>
Key fingerprint = F9C8 A715 933E 6A64 C220  482B 02CF B6C8 DB7F 41B4