mike.h on Mon, 12 May 2003 12:26:08 -0400

[PLUG] security training and certification...

Pluggers:

Anyone have experience or opinions about various security related training /
certification options?

The most notable, ISC^2 and GIAC, both require 4 years of professional
security related work experience as a prerequisite. I do do not possess
this. What I do have, however, is a BS in Comp-Sci, a lot of experience
running my own linux systems, and some experience setting up networks for
clients. I'm quite familiar with the standard tools, netfilter, Nmap,
tcpdump, tripwire, ipsec, GNUPG, etc... so I'm not looking for coverage in
the basics, but the more advanced stuff like wi-fi security, advanced
cryptography, etc.

TIA,
mike
mike.h@acm.org
mike.h@stemik.com

GNUPG public key (ASCII armored):
http://www.stemik.com/~mike.h/mike.h.asc

"Democracy is the worst form of government,
except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."
 -Winston Churchill