Eugene Smiley on Tue, 13 May 2003 12:42:17 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Cavalier DSL

Paul wrote:
> Art Clemons wrote:
>>> Why not use Web-based mail while away?
>>
>> Isn't some method of connecting to the internet still needed?
>> That requires an ISP of one kind or another.
>
> Yeah.  I was assuming that the work place has either dial-up or
> better for, at least, e-mail exchange.  I was also not assuming
> self employment.

Actually, the company uses a ghastly custom application written back in the early 80's that requires the user to connect directly to a mail hub in San Francisco.

That is for business mail. For her personal mail she needs to connect to the 'net to pull her mail from a POP3 server.

Eugene