Eugene Smiley on Tue, 13 May 2003 13:04:16 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Cavalier DSL

William wrote:
> On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 05:06  PM, Pete Foley wrote:
[snip]
> Cavalier was not offering DSL in Pennsylvania last summer, so
> it's not surprising.

They started advertising it back in September or October. I had been
shopping for local phone -- getting screwed by Verizon prices left
me bitter. Once we moved in December, I knew we were going with
Cavalier.

> Interestingly, it looks like they only provide ONE static IP.

This is accurate. I simply use a router/firewall at the edge and
they have no issue with it. In fact when I was asked about the
type of nick installed, and I told them I had the box, the person
thought I said Linux instead of Linksys.

Eugene