Dan Masca on Tue, 13 May 2003 14:13:19 -0400

Re: [PLUG] solution: how to keep iptables from spamming the console

Jon,
is this correct :

If you  want to stop these messages from spamming  the
console do:

dmesg -n 1

from the manual

 ___nlevel
              Set the level at which logging of messages is done to  the
con___
              sole.   For  example,  ___n  1 prevents all messages, expect
panic
              messages, from appearing on the console.  All levels of
messages
              are still written to /proc/kmsg, so syslogd(8) can still be
used
              to control exactly where kernel messages appear.   When  the
___n
              option  is  used,  dmesg will not print or clear the kernel
ring
              buffer.

is just our opinion !

Dan Masca