Stephen Gran on Tue, 13 May 2003 19:11:20 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Philly Linux Chix

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 12:52:44PM -0400, Rebecca Ore said:
> Actually, that was never a problem for me.  The present problem is that
> the neighborhood is a bit spooky, getting there involves a transfer, and
> I don't have a car.
>
> Maybe if all the women who've been once or twice showed up again, we'd
> have more than one at a time.

Hmm, I never particualrly thought of this as an issue (I worked in West
Philly for years, and I always thought of the PLUG meetings as being in
one of the _nicer_ parts of W. Philly), but if it is, maybe people can
coordinate things a little better.  I drive, and would be willing to
pick up and drop off from 30th street station or somewhere similar if
that helps people.  Having more women show up would be nice, but so
would just having more people - just about everybody has something to
offer to the group, and I've learned more by being part of groups like
this than almost any other way.

If people are interested, mail me on or off list to work something out.
I've missed the last couple of meetings, but my schedule is going to be
more flexible for next month, with any luck.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Declared guilty... of displaying        |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | feelings of an almost human nature.   - |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | - Pink Floyd, "The Wall"                |