Paul on Thu, 15 May 2003 10:44:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Red hat question

Dave Schwartz wrote:

I want to set up a simple Linux server that will do the following:

1- Host a simple web site preferably w/ Apache Web Server

2- Serve as a DNS server

3- Serve as a POP3/SMTP server

I don’t want to buy 3^rd party software or expensive Red Hat Server blah blah blah. Can I do these things with Red Hat Linux V8.0 Professional out of the box?

Yes. Just go to the menu item labeled "Add/Remove Applications" to see your options and to add said programs. Or just install the RPMs. Or compile and install from source. It's all free, but you could pay if you wish.