Mental Patient on Fri, 16 May 2003 22:43:37 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Question about dual booting install.

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 12:21, Daniel G Roberts wrote:
> one problem that I have run into is that my redhat refuses to mount my
> win2k/ntfs partition as read/write..even by hand I can only mount it read/only
> eventhough I specified at the cmd line  I wanted the partition mounted as  rw.
> have any clues?
> Dan

Recompile the kernel, its a compile time option. Readwrite ntfs access
is dangerous, you can (and I have) hose the partition by writing to it.
That said, there are some utilities out there to help mitigate risk.

see linux/Documentation/filesystems/ntfs.txt