Molnar, Bradley on Sat, 17 May 2003 08:53:23 -0400

RE: [PLUG] CS or MIS??

I do not like MIS (my brother is doing it and he finds it jokingly easy --
he's at UDel).  From my understanding, MIS (stands for Management
Information Science or something like that), is basically Sysadmin and
helpdesk type stuff.  You are basically the person who other people ask to
'fix' their 'broken' copy of word and internet explorer and the likes.

Computer Science on the other hand is quite broad and generally includes
some programming and electrical engineering type work (but a lot of
electrical engineering and computers is a Computer Engineer).

Most places I've seen will take a CS degree for any job that would include
anything that a MIS person would be qualified for.

In short, a CS degree is harder, but, gives you more options.

-brad