Michael Bevilacqua on Thu, 29 May 2003 09:35:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] [OT] solaris 9 netinstall

http://www.clockbot.net/HowTo/MichaelBevilacqua/TFTPBootSparc/Redhat/HowTo.txt

> I am running openbsd on the sparc now, but I really need solaris for a
> project I'm working on.

I've never attempted a Solaris9 install across the wire, but as far as I
can tell, a tftp boot image is still just a tftp boot image. As long as
Openboot can read it into RAM, as long at the RAM binary is compatible
with the target and as long as you have some way of exporting the root
install disk via NFS, you should be good to go.

> I have heard that sun recently changed their cdrom setup to include a
> secret slice, s1, which could only be mounted under solaris. Is there
> a way to mount this under another os?

No idea. :-)

Good luck.

--