Mattison, Jacob on Thu, 29 May 2003 09:30:26 -0400

[PLUG] Apache/linux training suggestions

Newbie here -- first post of, I'm sure, many.

I'm a web developer/administrator, and I'm planning to run my new server
with linux (for the test server I'm using RedHat 8) and apache.  This is my
first time doing much administrative stuff on linux or unix, and I'm feeling
like I would benefit from a few days of training on the basics.  Can anyone
recommend a training class on apache and/or linux administration?  In the
Philly area would be preferable, but not essential.  Soon would be ideal.

I'm managing to get things working with the help of a couple of O'Reilly
books, but I know from experience that some basic training would set me up
better to learn the rest on my own.

Thanks very much for any suggestions.

Jacob
--