Bradley Molnar on Mon, 2 Jun 2003 18:41:08 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Bridging two networks using linux

ok, cool, thanks, that actually worked (which is quite cool for me).

Now, I have another question for the group.

Is there anything stopping me from setting this new section to be 172.20.1.
with the old section being 172.20.0. and then setting the subnet mask to be
255.255.0.0?  Would that work properly, or do I not remember my networking
class very well?

As a side note, it wouldn't have been possible to set one card on the laptop
to be something like 172.20.0.55 and the other to 172.20.0.56 and expect
them to bridge at all, would it?

thanks
-brad