Kevin Brosius on Thu, 5 Jun 2003 11:56:05 -0400

Re: [work] [PLUG] DSL Rates, Experiences RFC

Barry Roomberg wrote:

> Ditto on the Speakeasy.
>
> I can't speak to the home account, but
> I have a business account with them.
>
> Great tech, great cus
> tomer service.

A bunch of us here have speakeasy, although I had a troubled install so
give them a B for coordination.  Other than that, they've been great,
and they resolved all problems following that.  If you do sign up,
please ask one of us for our speakeasy user names, as a referal get's us
a free month.  I'll split it with you. :)

Also, make sure you run a available DSL check at broadbandreports.com,
because wanting a certain provider is only good if they are available
from your CO.  Verizon, Covad and Cavalier seem to be the most common
DSL carriers in the local Philly area, but they don't service all local
offices.  You'll only be able to order DSL (successfully :)) with
someone who does, or someone who orders your local line through them.
(For example, in my local CO in Lansdale, Speakeasy only works with
Covad.  I can order Covad DSL services direct from Covad, or through
SPeakeasy as the ISP and Covad as the DSL provider.  Speakeasy had a
better package for me, static ips (2), liberal TOS allowing servers
(http://www.kevb.net +others, check it out to see Speakeasy/Covad's
performance on a 384K outbound line), high speed (1.5M/384K).)

--
Kevin Brosius