Tom Diehl on Mon, 9 Jun 2003 23:42:04 -0400

[PLUG] Re: Antenna/Free Net Access/Monitor Tricks

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Chris Magnus Hedemark wrote:

> I've tried contacting people who run those towers, and they are in it
> for the money so I am not holding out a lot of hope for them.

You betcha thay are!! Tower space in my area (central to lower bucks county)
is hard to come by so _if_ you can get it they want big bucks for it.

> Most of the antennas, though, would likely be mounted on poles on top
> of people's homes.  So if you want to participate, you buy the
> prescribed hardware, climb up on your roof and mount it on the highest
> mast that the Part 15 rules allow (20 feet from the highest point of
> the building to the tip of the antenna).

I am courious, does anyone have any trouble with zoning/associations when
doing this?? I think some associations prohibit such things but I am not sure
about local zoning boards.

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org
tdiehl@rogueind.com