Bradley Molnar on Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:09:08 -0400

RE: [PLUG] redhat-config-network bombs

try

/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-<device>
/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/ifcfg-<device>
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-<device>

Note, under profiles, there might be more than one.  Also note that one or
more of these options may be symlinked together, but, don't count on it.

The comment in my /etc/resolv.conf says that it was generated automatically
from /sbin/dhclient-script.

So, since it looks like it is being overwritten when you restart the
network, I would guess that something isn't right with the dhcp server or
the settings on your machine.  There is an option in the files mentioned
above which says

BOOTPROTO=

setting this to 'dhcp' will cause it to use a dhcp server.  Setting it to
'none' will disable dhcp.

Oh, and I checked this on RH 8 and 9.

Good luck
-brad