Stephen Gran on Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:34:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] concatenating MPEG files

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 12:51:17PM -0400, Tobias DiPasquale said:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know how to concatenate MPEG-1/2 video files? I have a
> couple that got split up into different files (to fit on CDs) and I want
> to concatenate the video back into one file for an uninterrupted view.
> If anyone knows how to make this happen using Linux (Debian 3.0/testing
> or RH 9, either one), the knowledge would be greatly appreciated. TIA!
> :)

steve:~$ cat 1.mpeg 2.mpeg 3.mpeg [...] > big.mpeg

Works just fine here.  Otherwise I suggest you try transcode, available
at Christian Marrillat's fine apt repository:
deb http://marillat.free.fr/ unstable main

I use his unstable section, but I believe he has a stable one as well.

HTH,
|  Stephen Gran                  | The first sign of maturity is the       |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | discovery that the volume knob also     |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | turns to  the left.                     |