Jeffrey J. Nonken on Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:38:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] power supplies

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:04:48 -0400, Paul wrote:

>I would recommend buying a power supply at a place like CompUSA
>because,
>if it blows up, you can take it in and get a replacement.  That was
>my
>brother-in-law's experience.  CompUSA only gave him minor
resistance.
>Much better RMA'ing it and mailing it out.

My own recommendation is PC Warehouse, if Montgomeryville isn't too
far out of your way. They've always been great to me, including
refunds and exchanges without problems, and they usually carry more
than just the cheap stuff.

Gah. Their web site no longer provides a list of stores, just online
shopping. Well, I can only speak for the one in Montgomeryville
anyway.

http://yp111.superpages.com/listings.phtml?SRC=&STYPE=S&PG=L&CB=&C=&N=
p+c+warehouse&T=&S=PA&R=N&search=Find+It

http://yp111.superpages.com/listings.phtml?SRC=&STYPE=S&PG=L&CB=&C=&N=
p+c+warehouse&T=&S=NJ&R=N&search=Find+It

There's also UCI Computing in KofP, I'm not as familiar with them,
but they've always done OK by me. Guess they're called UCI Kehtron
now.

http://yp111.superpages.com/listings.phtml?SRC=&STYPE=S&PG=L&CB=&C=&N=
UCI+Kehtron&T=&S=PA&R=N&search=Find+It

Personally, I prefer to feed the local operations and smaller chains
when I can. And CompUSA keeps pissing me off. I'll shop there, but
they're not my first choice.

Anybody else know of decent local operations?