Magnus on Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:28:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Linux for SPARC?

On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 04:23 PM, Eugene Smiley wrote:

Wow. With the way you attract PC's, I should put you in touch with
a guy I know that has a non-profit that recycles PC's and gives
them to families that can't afford them.

Well what I ended up doing was cleaning them up, kickstart installing them, and selling them for $50 ($60 with monitor). By the hour, I wasn't making a huge amount considering the time poured into each machine but it was enough of a hobby to make it worthwhile. And people who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford a PC ended up with something that was pretty nice, and cable modem ready.

But my real personal interest is in non-x86 machines. Suns, PowerPC, PARISC, SGI's, DEC Alphas, etc. ( http://yonderway.com/museum )

--

C. Magnus Hedemark
http://trilug.org/~chrish