Kam Salisbury on Wed, 2 Jul 2003 13:25:23 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Gentoo Experts, I have questions

Thanks Michael! I downloaded the platform specific build (athlon) so I
would not have to go through the build from stage 1. After looking at
several build flags and comments in forums I guess I can see going through
stage1 is worth the effort for the small speed improvements that add up to
big overall performance gains. I will begin again and see what I shall
see...

Kam.

> On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 08:53:08AM -0400, Kam Salisbury wrote:
>> Unfortunately, during the 'emerge -u world' step (I chose a stage 3
>> tarball since it is already an athlon specific build) after quite some
>> time of building... I get a build error and that step fails.
>
> I've seen many problems in rc4 that have seemed to have spawned from
> borked ftp:// source paths. Was this the error that you were getting?
>
> If so, you can just go out to the site for that specific packages, wget
> the tarball to /usr/portage/distfiles/ then `emerge -u world` again.
>
> I'm using:

-snip