Magnus on Wed, 2 Jul 2003 23:53:25 -0400

Re: [PLUG] July keysigning now has 3 new keys

On Wednesday, July 2, 2003, at 05:01 PM, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:

I notice that there are lots of arrows to my name (presumably meaning
people have signed my key), but few from it. Yet I've signed people's
keys.

I've noticed that there are a few /to/ me (when there should be one) and none /from/ me (where, again, there should be one).

Is this because

    1) The system depends on my sending those signatures to a central
       PLUG member (Mike?)? But that's useless, as no one can benefit
       if only Mike knows.

    2) People haven't sent their signed keys to key servers?

    3) You forgot to update your own keys from a keyserver

4) I'm confused.

I don't know what is going on with it to tell you the truth. I'm just running the scripts from the PLUG site. If I use the keyring that was on the site, it shows that I have signed gr's key. But the chart didn't seem to indicate that.

I'm wondering if something is not getting parsed right in the gpg output.

--

C. Magnus Hedemark
http://trilug.org/~chrish