Jeff Abrahamson on Wed, 2 Jul 2003 17:11:21 -0400

Re: [PLUG] July keysigning now has 3 new keys

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 04:40:38PM -0400, Magnus wrote:
>   [21 lines, 130 words, 751 characters]  Top characters: etraosih
>

> On Wednesday, July 2, 2003, at 03:26 PM, Michael Leone wrote:
>
> > I've just added another new key to the PLUG keyring. That makes 3 new
> > users who wish to keysign tonight. I unfortately can't make it, but
> > there
> > should still be a goodly number of members who wish to keysign (besides
> > our illustrious presenter :-).
>
> For those interested in before & after WoT charts, I have just
> generated a WoT chart from the keyring off of the PLUG site (current as
> of today) as a "before" image, and placed it in my gallery at
> http://trilug.org/~chrish/gallery/gnupg-plug
>
> When all of the signatures are in I'll generate an "after".

Cool.

I notice that there are lots of arrows to my name (presumably meaning
people have signed my key), but few from it. Yet I've signed people's
keys.

Is this because

    1) The system depends on my sending those signatures to a central
       PLUG member (Mike?)? But that's useless, as no one can benefit
       if only Mike knows.

    2) People haven't sent their signed keys to key servers?

    3) You forgot to update your own keys from a keyserver

    4) I'm confused.

--
 Jeff