M.Simons on Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:31:12 -0400

Re: [PLUG] verizon dsl pppoe help tonight

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Rebecca Ore wrote:

> I strongly recommend a little router if you can afford one.  Otherwise,
> what worked for me was Roaring Penguin PPPoE, but I don't know what
> gotchas there might be for Debian.  (I sent you email but I'm still in
> the middle of trying to get mutt using sendmail to authenticate to
> outgoing.verizon.net, which may just be impossible.  Gnus is
> authenticating my Verizon secondary user just fine).

> Normally, Verizon isn't like this.  Do you have your user name and
> password?

Yes, I have my username and password... I had everything working on a
windows box until that box went kaput.

Now I've been trying to get it to work on Linux, first unsuccessfully with
a LEAF distro, and now with this debian distro, I am using it's packaged
pppoe which seems to be a packaged roaring penguin.

Right now it seems like a routing problem or something, of course since my
connection isnt responding to anything, I'm nto sure whats up.  "route -n"
produces nothing for me. ifconfig -a does produce something, I seem to
display some rx and tx bytes, but I dunno.. I'm pretty much a clueless
newbie here.

Any additional suggestions?

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail@yahoo.com