Fred K Ollinger on Sun, 6 Jul 2003 08:34:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Accessing a FAT32 drive from Linux

You could either download this:

http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/

All drives that could possibly be mounted under linux will probably show
up on kde desktop.

Cli mode is this:

1. fdisk -l

This will show you your partition tables. You will see the type as well.

2. Next you can mount it:

mount -t msdos /dev/hdb1 /mnt

This will mount the first partition from the first slave drive onto /mnt.
You can take it from there. If you need more mount points, do this:

mkdir -p /one

for example.

Fred Ollinger (follinge@sas.upenn.edu)
CCN sysadmin