Fred K Ollinger on Sun, 6 Jul 2003 08:49:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Gentoo does the realignment two-step

I'm a bit confused about how gentoo users need to wait for anything. The
whole thing is free software and as far as I have heard, they compile
vanilla sources from source. So they never really need to worry about who
"owns" their distro. At least that's what I heard. I never managed to get
gentoo installed myself so I'm open to corrections on this.

Fred Ollinger (follinge@sas.upenn.edu)
CCN sysadmin