Flint Heart on Mon, 7 Jul 2003 10:25:13 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Tech jobs and politics

<rant>
Lets give americans that have lost jobs a fighting chance to find
employment.  I'm fortunate to have a job.  It may make half of what i was
last year, but I am working and can pay my bills.(finally)

Down with h1-b visa's. Most h1-b workers I've dealt with don't have much
work experience. Some have very poor communication skill.  There must be
exceptions of this but those are the cases i've seen.  I've seen
competent coworkers fired and the less skilled h1-b's stay on ( can afford
2 for the price of one dommestic worker sometimes)  Something just seems
wrong with management to be able to loose the ppl doing quality work and
keep more ppl on that just can get by with there jobs.  I've had to rewrite
code that has been written by these Programmers because they didn't test
their code and it never would work with real data.

</rant>

that made me feel a little bit better.

N-Tropy