Bob Schwier on Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:24:04 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Tech jobs and politics, and IT diploma mills

Another problem is that the pay is not the best and one is supposed to hit
the ground running with what ever equipment happens to be available.  Your
humble servent snagged a classroom's worth of Pentium II's which were
better than what we had in several computer labs.  Unfortunately, I got
them on the last day of school.  No time to do all of the necessary work
to make them truly usable.
I have gotten a billets where I was supposed to be teaching on day one
when I hadn't even had a chance to look at the text book much less
inventory the junk in the storeroom or on the hard drives.
bs