Jon Nelson on Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:25:16 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Community Service Project

Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions.  Here are responses to some
of the questions I saw raised:

Craig Brennan said:
> If I had enough advance notice, I might be able to clear out some time to
> help do some installs.  Sounds like a worthwhile idea.

I will try to make it as easy as possible for everyone.  I will keep
everyone posted on the progress and take input on how this should proceed.

> Don't know what distros you're planning on using.  I have Mandrake 9.1 and
> that has great auto hardware detection.

I have a contact at RedHat who has been very generous in the past ( with
CD's).  If it's all the same hardware it might be easier to stick with one
distro.  That way we could create one image and dump it to all the boxes.
I would also like to give them all a set of CD's to take home.

As far as location and transportation I will try to make it mutually
convenient for all.  If I can't I will coordinate transportation for
everyone.

Some people have mentioned weekends.  We can do it whenever the majority
wants too.

Thanks again,

Jon

--
Trooper Jon S. Nelson, Linux Certified Admin., CCNA
Pa. State Police, Bureau of Criminal Investigation