Jon Nelson on Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:10:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Community Service Project

kmhryhpdblyx@spammotel.com said:
> Will they need a Red Hat Network subscription to keep the systems up to
> date?  I'm concerned that a subscription will either be too expensive or
> too complicated for the kids.  Would a Debian-based distro with a
> scheduled
> apt-get update/apt-get upgrade be a better choice in this situation?  Or
> did you have another idea on how to administer all of those machines?

I'm not sure if any of them will be able to afford an Internet connection.
 Those that can, can get a demo subscription to RH Network for free.

Jon

--
Trooper Jon S. Nelson, Linux Certified Admin., CCNA
Pa. State Police, Bureau of Criminal Investigation