sean finney on Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:26:16 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Community Service Project

hey guys,

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 01:20:29PM -0400, MITCHELL MALTENPORT wrote:
> We might want to consider using Debian -- they have a set of "junior"
> packages which are specifically aimed at children.
>
> Go to packages.debian.org and do a search for packages which are
> named "junior".

additionally, debian has a package called "fai" which is the debian
equivalant of a network kickstart/jumpstart.  it's a bit of a hassle
to set it up, but once you do, you can bootstrap a fully configured
system exactly how you want it in like 10-15 minutes--completely
hands-free.  might make the installfest go a little more smoothly.
the cs department at swarthmore just used it to convert their main
lab over to debian, i could probably get their notes if you think
it'd be helpful...

	sean