Magnus on Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:49:15 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Community Service Project

On Thursday, July 10, 2003, at 04:25 PM, sean finney wrote:

the cs department at swarthmore just used it to convert their main
lab over to debian, i could probably get their notes if you think
it'd be helpful...

I think it would be helpful, if for no other reason than to compare/contrast the complexity of this undertaking.

I'm not a huge fan of Red Hat but for this purpose I recommended it because:
1) Easy to install en masse (via kickstart)
2) Easier for a kid to find help solving issues (even people who don't *like* Red Hat often have enough experience with it to help solve a problem).

If this Debian bulk installer is easier than kickstart, at least one of the reasons for RH will be shot down.

--

C. Magnus Hedemark
http://trilug.org/~chrish