Jeffrey J. Nonken on Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:48:09 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Community Service Project

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:31:03 -0400, Sandy Basickes wrote:
>dear People:
>I do not see the big advantage of linux over win 98.

Then you haven't read the other thread on this topic. A number of people have expressed several very significant advantages.

>if the computers are set up, the children can use them.
>they will get a feel for a computer

Oddly enough, I don't see that as much of an argument for Windows over Linux. Quite the contrary.

>Most people are familiar with windows. They do not know linux.

Then consider this an opportunity to reverse that trend. I don't see getting MORE people locked into Micro$loth as a good thing.