Paul on Sat, 12 Jul 2003 12:06:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Community Service Project (Devil's advocate)

Magnus wrote:

Stop speculating. Read the EULA. (which will make you part of a very small circle if you get all the way through it)

I have looked at the EULA, but as you pointed out, I can't seem to work all the way through it. Actually, I haven't even worked through the GPL. I just try to following some reasonable guidelines if the software goes outside of my domicile.

Anything we can do to help out kids would be great because some parents are hopeless. Today I had a mother in my face yelling at me. (I mean, I was one inch from full body contact.)

Which is still considered assault, you know.

It's good to know the law is behind me. However, I didn't feel threatened to any great degree. My wife wanted to kick the woman's butt, so I had to /try/ to send my wife inside while I tried talking calmly to the kid's father. (I never did speak to or acknowledge the mother.) It worked, and I think it was a good example for everyone. Funny how this started by my talking calmly to the kid to make a good example for my son who wanted to pull the kid off his bike!