Craig Brennan on Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:00:19 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Non-Profit -- was The Next Step? -- was Community Serv ice Project (Devil's advocate)

Wow.  Ask, and ye shall receive.  What a group.  Proof that 102 heads are better than one.

"Jeyes, David (371)" <David.Jeyes@rht.com> wrote:

> Craig Brennan wrote:
>

> Agreed.  Incorporating is a long, slow, political process...
> and besides
> that, an expensive one just for the attorney's fees alone even for
> multiple LUGs.  I don't know of any lawyers who would take on
> that type of
> work pro bono.

There's a group out there that might: http://www.corporateprobono.org

Incorporating is the easy part compared to getting cleared as a 501(c)3 so that your donors can write off the donations really takes some work.

HTH,
dj

Do you Yahoo!?