Kam Salisbury on Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:37:17 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Which license?

Many thanks for your suggestions Chris. My goal is to just share what I am
doing (have learned?) without relinquishing the rights to my ideas. From
what I have seen thus far, it is very difficult to create something open
source in nature and actually get paid for it unless the completed work is
a black box and the source is closed (ala' MS). Therefore, I am less
realistic about getting compensated for the code then I am others actually
finding the code useful.

I think I will take a closer look at the BSD license before making up my
mind... Thanks again.

--
Kam Salisbury
http://kamsalisbury.com

> On Friday, July 18, 2003, at 06:12  AM, Kam Salisbury wrote:
>
>> So, my question is, which license is more appropriate for something
>> that is
>> just open source?
>
> I would suggest limiting your choices to two or three selections.

-snip