Mental Patient on Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:33:12 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Which license?

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 16:12, Nicholas Vettese wrote:
> Are there any websites that compare the different licenses.  There are a few
> things I would like to work on as well, and knowing the differences in
> licensing would help me make these types pf choices.

There might be a couple.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=GPL+vs+BSD&btnG=Google+Search

I'd suggest that before you license your code under a specific set of
terms, that you be familiar with those terms and not merely a synopsis,
or a glossed over understanding. The GPL isn't a huge document. Neither
is the BSD license. Deciding which is better is a subjective process
much like language/editr/os perference.

--

Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

CARPE NOCTEM, QUAM MINIMUM CREDULA POSTERO.

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/pas/Mental.asc