Tobias DiPasquale on Mon, 21 Jul 2003 07:03:20 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Which license?

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 18:21, Magnus wrote:
> On Sunday, July 20, 2003, at 10:44  AM, Tobias DiPasquale wrote:
>
> > The copyright is the real power. With it, you can revoke these rights
> > at
> > a later date, if you wish.
>
> Nope.  Once under the GPL, always under the GPL.  You can never recall
> software & code once you've assigned someone else GPL rights to it.

This statement is patently false. Revoking the GPL license from code has
already been done by several companies (Corel, Caldera to name two) in
certain circumstances. Once again I note that if you own the copyright
you can do anything you please within the IP laws of your jurisdiction.