Jeffrey J. Nonken on Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:03:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Speakeasy Worldcom-to-Covad nightmare

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:40:01 -0400, LeRoy Cressy wrote:
>Comcast and Verizon do not allow any servers and they will not give
>you
>a static IP

I can get a static IP from Verizon iff I buy a business account. They have no provision for static IP otherwise. They've even converted their old customers to PPPoE (I used to have a static IP and direct connection).

If they disallow servers, they must have changed their terms since I signed up. I suppose I should go look.

OBTW, Hello, LeRoy. I believe we're old acquaintences.