Paul on Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:03:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Ugly Fonts Again

Paul wrote:

Will Dyson wrote:

Dunno about the RH packages, but in Debian there is a separate
Mozilla-xft package to install that will cause Mozilla to use the XFT
library for rendering (instead of regular old X fonts).

The thing is that my fonts in Mozilla 1.2.1 were nice. Installing 1.4 messed up something. I've improved my fonts, but I'd like to know what changed when I did the upgrade.

Sorry. I feel stupid again. I bet xft *is* the answer. RedHat must have configured Mozilla differently than the pre-compiled versions from the Mozilla site.