Paul on Wed, 30 Jul 2003 01:43:54 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Ugly Fonts Again

Will Dyson wrote:

Dunno about the RH packages, but in Debian there is a separate
Mozilla-xft package to install that will cause Mozilla to use the XFT
library for rendering (instead of regular old X fonts).

Thanks for the tip. My solution: "./configure --enable-xft"

It took an amazing amount of time to compile Mozilla. I'm talking hours using a 600MHz CPU. Should I have sought more guidence than "./configure --help |grep xft" had to offer?

Oh, I did try using "checkinstall" to create an RPM. It got to the point where is said "Installation Successful", but it never finished doing whatever it does. So I just ran "make install" and was done with it.