Toby DiPasquale on Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:06:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OpenOffice 1.1 upgrade

Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
I've been running OOo 1.0.2 on Red Hat 7.2 without problems. Tried to upgrade to OOo 1.1 RC, and ran into compatibility problems with my current 2.0.3 version of freetype. Seems OOo =>1.1 will require freetype >= 2.0.6. I found some freetype 2.0.9 RPMs, but am having the usual dependency domino effect. Question: any OOo users out there using 1.1 with an opinion whether upgrading is worth it under my circumstnces?

Unless you want the Flash export feature that bad, I'd say chill and wait for the release and upgrade then. Its not that much better than OOo 1.0.3 which is what I'm back to now. Of course, I only use it when people mistakenly send me something important in one of MS's formats so I don't know how typical my experiences are. HTH

--
Tobias DiPasquale
88FA 30C9 1E63 CFE2 CBD8  37C4 DA1C E2BF 1D26 F036