Arthur S. Alexion on Fri, 1 Aug 2003 21:24:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OpenOffice 1.1 upgrade

I am a word processor user, not a file viewer like Toby, do enhanced usefulness would be a good thing. Well, I guess I will have to dig into upgrading freetype. There was an OOo channel for Red-Carpet which would have solved the dependency problems, but I haven't been ble to get most of the Red-Carpet channels for a month or so -- except for the Red-Hat-7.2 and Red Carpet channels, I keep geting download/server unavailable errors.

W. Chris Shank wrote:

I disagree. OOo 1.1 has a lot of useful extra's mostly in the form of
taking less steps to accomplish a task. You may think of this as a minor
difference - but for my clients who are used to Word, telling them that
the equiv feature takes 2 menus and 4 mouse click for MS's one or two
click is not good. They do complain and I don't blame them. I've been using OOo B2 for PPC for quite a while and have been very
happy with it.