Toby DiPasquale on Mon, 4 Aug 2003 17:15:23 -0400

Re: [PLUG] User-friendly frontend for /sbin/tc

Will Dyson wrote:
Friends,

Is anyone here aware of an even moderatly user-friendly and powerful
frontend for the traffic-control capabilities of the linux kernel?

I am aware of the very nice wondershaper script, and use it on my home
system. But I need something that would allow me to easily setup
semi-arbitrary classes (based on at least host and port).

I have looked for such a thing before, but I am now at the point of
writing my own. So I thought I would ask around an make sure I'm not
duplicating anyone else's work.

You might try the Linux Bandwidth Arbitrator, found here: http://www.bandwidtharbitrator.com/

They make a real effort to produce a "turn-key bandwidth shaper" by default. This may be what you are looking for. Unfortunately, this is the only project of its kind that I know of. However, the ip binary also can manipulate tc constructs and I find its syntax nicer, personally. It is found in the iproute package.

--
Tobias DiPasquale
88FA 30C9 1E63 CFE2 CBD8  37C4 DA1C E2BF 1D26 F036