M.Simons on Wed, 6 Aug 2003 07:41:18 -0400

[PLUG] Discuss at Tonight's meeting

Greetings,

   I will probably NOT be at tonight's meeting, even though I would like
to be. [I just had a MAJOR project related to my nonprofit drop in my lap
that is dependent on a lot of time and very little sleep this week --
huge meeting on Friday.] So I think it would be a good idea for people to
DISCUSS and ANNOUNCE the details of the picnic and other events of the
weekend of the 22nd.. THIS month. . also, maybe write the schedule on the
board, and some point of information/contact so people coming in after any
annoucement/discussion about it are alerted to it.

Uhhhmmmm you can look up the former posts about it in the archive, but
here is the basics:

Friday the 22nd   Bar Night - Location TBA
Saturday the 23rd Swap Meet - Location to be confirmed
Sunday the 24th  Picnic/BBQ - FDR Park

We need people to promote to other groups in the (multi-state) area, and
on appropriate websites.  We need people to nail down the recreation of
the website and RSVP database (a good chance to use what you learn
tonight!) -- we have a few volunteers but need to get it DONE asap - take
a look at philly.linux10.org for ideas, details,a template, etc, unfortunately
last year's version/site died due to a hard drive crash.

I think that's it for now.. any questions? As I said, I am suffering from
little/no sleep so this is not as verbose as I might otherwise make it.

Must sleep, penguins will eat me. :D

Thanks..

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail@yahoo.com